Banana Split French Toast

9:45 PM

Hello, everyone! We're back!

Sorry for being MIA for so long- with the holidays we just found to be too busy to make room for posting. However, we are back, and more inspired than ever after having a little bit of time to relax and refresh.

It's very rare that I crave something sweet; I'm totally a savory-loving kind of girl, and Josh is my opposite, he has a zealous sweet tooth. This time around, I was really craving something sweet. It was time for dinner and I'm a firm believer that "breakfast for dinner" may be one of man kinds' greatest innovations. That's when this meal came to be: Banana Split French Toast!
My grandma (Babcia, in Polish) would always serve fresh fruit with breakfast, I consider it an essential. After deciding that French Toast is what I had my heart set on, Babcia's heaping helpings of fruits inspired me to head in this direction. Of course, this meal can be enjoyed at any time of day. Crave on, my culinary friends, and enjoy as you please.



What You'll Need:

(for French Toast)
-A Loaf of White or Wheat Bread (your favorite)
-4 Large Eggs
-1 Cup Milk
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1 Tbsp Butter

(for Icing)
-1 Stick of Butter, softened (1/2 Cup)
-4 Oz Cream Cheese, softened
-3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
-1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

(Toppings)
-Chocolate Syrup
-Bananas, halved or sliced on a bias
-Strawberries, sliced
-Walnuts
-Rainbow Sprinkles

1. Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl. Use either a standing mixer, or a hand mixer, and beat until smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract, and gradually add in the powdered sugar until everything is combined. Set the frosting aside so it continues to warm, and remain pliable.
2. Add milk, eggs, and vanilla extract into a bowl that is wide enough to dip the slices of bread in. Beat the ingredients together until combined. Dip the bread in, soaking each side, and set on a plate until ready to use. 
3. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the toast, and cook on each side, until slightly browned. It shouldn't take too long, maybe 5 minutes on each side at most. 
4. Cut up the fruits once ready to use! Drizzle or spread the frosting on top of the toast, add the fruits, chocolate syrup, and top with walnuts, and sprinkles! 

(I think that whipped cream would also be amaaaaazing on this...)




Make the frosting first; you'll want to set it aside to soften even more.

And here is the KitchenAid! Lucky me, right!? Yeah, I'm totally aware that Josh has given me the best Christmas present EVER.







Here's the obligatory, "everything involved" picture. Also, how can I not include it, fresh fruit is just so aesthetically appealing.







Dip each slice, soaking both sides. Set the bread aside for frying!
Assemble, and enjoy. 





You Might Also Like

0 comments