White Wine & Mushroom Cream Sauce

9:54 AM

This is a sauce that you're going to want to put on everything; from pasta, to chicken, pork, or even mashed potatoes. It's very versatile, and so good you're not going to want to put down the tasting spoon. Although this sauce is a fairly basic cream sauce, it really takes on a lot of delicious flavor from the wine, and mushrooms. It's worth a taste. 

Josh and I just recently drove up to Chicago to celebrate my aunt and uncle's Fiftieth Wedding Anniversary. A three course meal was included, and of course, the delicious dinner was very inspiring. I've got to say, I think food might be the language of love for some couples. My Ciocia (aunt) made an entire table of sweets to feed the guests; it's no wonder they've had 50 years of happiness together. 
I love food, and I like to express my love for others with food. I'm very lucky that Josh and I have this mutual adoration for all things tasty - he's the best collaborator I could ever ask for. 


What You'll Need:
-2 Cups Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
-1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
-1/4 Cup White Onion, diced
-3 Tbsp Butter (split)
-A Pinch of Salt and Pepper
-1 Cup Heavy Cream
-1 Cup Chardonnay (or your favorite white wine)
-2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
-1 tsp Fresh Parsley, minced
-1 tsp Fresh Basil, chiffonade for garnish

1. Heat 1 Tbsp butter in a medium sized frying pan over medium high heat, add garlic stirring constantly until it is fragrant. Add the onion, stir occasionally for about 3 minutes, and add mushroom, and 1/2 Cup wine and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer.
2. While simmering, grab a sauce pan and melt 2 Tbsp Butter, adding Flour and whisking consistently until a paste forms. Add in the heavy cream, the rest of the wine, parsley, salt and pepper,  and the mushroom mixture along with all the liquids. Stir everything together and bring to boil, continuing to stir until it sets at the desired consistency. 
3. Use sauce on your favorite dishes, top with fresh basil for an additional delicious flavor.  :)

 

Very basic ingredients treated properly will create beautiful, tasty flavors. :)


Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments