Nashville, TN

7:33 PM

Josh and I were just in Nashville this past weekend. The trip was amazing. Every time we go back I find it harder and harder to go back to Carbondale. I've got the moving bug - or maybe a travel bug - I seriously want to see everything (and taste everything.) In Music City it seems as if there is never a dull moment, whether it's considering music, or dining.
We started off our trip with a concert at the Ryman Auditorium in downtown Nashville: Tedeschi Trucks Band. If you haven't heard of them, give them a listen. Susan Tedeschi has some amazing pipes, and Derek Trucks' slide guitar will surely make you swoon.




The Ryman Auditorium is an old church with the most amazing sound quality. Josh and I have been there a handful of times in the past couple years. Over the summer, the Ryman has Bluegrass on Thursdays so it's a place we try to frequent when we can afford to make the trip.


Josh's mom has been wonderful enough to house us during our multiple trips to Nashville; including my adorable "little" 80 lb mutt, Champion. This is the face he made waking up after a rock concert - pretty fitting!

The next day was another adventure. We had breakfast at the Frothy Monkey. The coffee was insane, and I mean that in the best way. Not to mention my breakfast, the California breakfast, which was a fried egg atop sourdough bread with bean sprouts and avocado, was the most fresh tasting breakfast I've ever had.



Josh ordered the Pumpkin Masala Latte (pictured on the left,) and I had the Campfire Latte. Both were very, very flavorful, and very delicious. Plus, how can you resist how beautiful they look!? It almost hurt to take the first sip. 


Here's the sign for the Frothy Monkey. We went to the downtown location. I'd say it's worth a stop. There's also a bar if you're interested in something more than just coffee... maybe a spiked coffee?

After breakfast we went to the Nashville Garden Expo. We spent hours there going through each and every building. I think each one of us spent more money than expected, but it was well worth it. I even went home with a couple of lavender plants! The Garden Expo was more inspiring than I anticipated as well - so many fresh herbs and beautiful trees and plants... a dream come true for the avid gardener. :)


Beautiful flowers - if you can identify these for me, please let me know! I'm more of an herb and veggie grower more so than flowers, as pretty as they are. 


This planter set up was so inspiring. Perhaps a future herb garden set up...??!

We ended our day by grilling out. We remade our mushroom sauce, serving it with some New York Strip. YUMMY.

The next day, our last day in town, Josh and I had planned on going to Biscuit Love for brunch. The place was so popular that there was a line all the way to the corner of the block. We were starving and bailed. Instead we decided to go to Burger Republic, it was so worth it. Honestly, I'd never say no to a burger...

Luckily, they had a full bar, and I was able to settle my craving for a Bloody Mary. 


We split an appetizer - tot fondue - mmmmm, was that to die for... 


Needless to say, the trip to Nashville was a major success and I can't wait till we can go back! Here's to a year of inspiration! 




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Sounds like such an amazing trip to an amazing city! So lucky you guys got to visit some great restaurants AND a garden expo!!! Can't wait to see your balcony garden this Spring. XOXO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Josh and I had a great time, for sure! Unfortunately it looks like my lavender may have gotten crushed on the ride back, but hopefully it bounces back and provides a plentiful balcony :P
      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. The all progressing duty-bound time, I"all genuinely continue it flooding and animal and association with this to a good piece of level if that's cool. Appreciative.
    Punjabi Ghaint Whatsapp status

    ReplyDelete