Spiked Hot Chocolate

10:34 PM

Carbondale has been gloomy since Thanksgiving... Clouds, rain, the whole shebang. The parking lot of my apartment complex was so flooded that the cars parked on the lower ends of the lot had water halfway up there tires. This type of weather doesn't exactly put me in the holiday mood... Regardless, I woke up, put on my ugly Christmas Sweater and headed to work.

After a long boring day of what I like to call, "the pizza life," I really wanted a drink. To brighten our holiday spirits Josh and I made up these Spiked Hot Chocolates and watched a couple of our favorite Christmas movies.



This drink is really easy, and will, without a doubt, warm you up. Josh and I will definitely be drinking these when we put up our Christmas tree (I know, how have we not done this yet...?)



What You'll Need:
-3/4 Ounces Vodka
-3/4 Ounces Gingerbread Kahlua
-1 Packet Hot Cocoa Mix (I used Swiss Miss)
-1 1/2 Cups Hot/Boiling Water
-Chocolate Syrup (enough to create a 
thin layer along the bottom of the mug)
-Mini Marshmallows
-Whipped Cream (for garnish)
-Maraschino Cherry (for garnish)
-Sprinkles (for garnish)


1.Boil some water, enough to make however many drinks you intend on. Add chocolate syrup to a mug, and then the hot cocoa mix. Once the water has boiled, pour it in the mug as well and stir until everything is well mixed.
2. Add in the kahlua, and vodka. Give the drink and stir. Top with desired amount of marshmallows. Then Garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Enjoy, and be merry!



You Might Also Like

1 comments